Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Remakings

Some pieces from my painting class; this first one is an assignment where we have to do a remaking of a master's work; I chose to do one of a portrait by Gustave Courbet.  We also had to use the grid system, which I never use; I like to do things free hand! And I don't personally like to do these remakings, but I guess it's a good way to practice technique.






A remake of a portrait by Gustave Courbet titled "Portrait of the Artist (Man with a Pipe)"
c. 1848-49
Oil on canvas
  

To see original painting: http://artchive.com/artchive/C/courbet/courbet_pipe.jpg.html


This is where we paint. 

Some studies of other master works that i did in soft pastels:


My interpretation of a portrait done by Rembrant

My interpretation of a portrait done by Courbet

2 comments: